Pet Crossing Animal Hospital & Dental Clinic was established in 1997 by Dr. Kate Knutson and Dr. Steve Barghusen. Their vision was to establish a facility where clients and their four-legged family members could receive quality care in a friendly environment. They wanted to have their patients actually enjoy coming to see the doctor! That’s why every patient gets lots of treats, pets, hugs and kisses!
We are a full service, AAHA accredited facility.
If you are looking for a rewarding position as a DVM, Certified Veterinary Technician, Veterinary Assistant or Client Services Representative, and you LOVE animals, please send us a letter of introduction along with your resume, in pdf or Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to (952) 884-7564.
Leadership skills in our client coordinators are essential because they partner closely with our healthcare teams and supervise the smooth flow of operation in a dynamic hospital environment. The client coordinators facilitate communication between clients and all other hospital departments. Our client coordinator team works directly with clients, manages busy phone lines, keeps excellent medical records, oversees patient census and handles billing/insurance. Successful candidates will have a deep commitment to providing exceptional customer service as their career focus
- On time, on task and on target
- Team player
- Interpersonal communication
- Care for the needs of others
- Attention to detail
- Passion for continuing professional development in order to improve skill sets that will keep Pet Crossing on the forefront of patient care and advocacy
- Answer phones
- Schedule appointments: wellness, sick, assistant and surgical
- Prepare medical records/charts for upcoming appointments
- Take detailed messages
- Ensure follow-through from staff regarding clients’ questions and concerns
- Collect history and verification forms from clients before appointments
- Check clients in and out during appointment process
- Weigh canine patients when they arrive
- Collect payment after appointments
- Handle sales of patient food and medication
- Take medication refill requests from clients over the phone and online
- Explain Pet Crossing wellness recommendations for each life stage to clients
- Attend rounds with other daily staff, including daily learning opportunities based on our Four Pillars
- Explain how pet insurance works and the benefits to clients and their pets
- Attend meetings: department, monthly all-staff, January Intensive
- Explain prescription diets to clients
- Document medically relevant conversations with clients in the patients’ charts
- Other duties as assigned/li>
Required Skill Sets:
- Ability to focus and pay attention to detail in a dynamic hospital environment
- Ability to independently make quick decisions that reflect our Bill of Rights
- Ability to coordinate multiple schedules between clients and our healthcare teams
- Ability to provide superior concierge service to incoming clients and patients as they arrive for both wellness and surgical procedures
- Passion for working in a culture of learning and teaching
- Passion for working with people and their 4-legged kids
- Effectively communicate with a variety of learning styles in order to provide the best service possible for our clients and their 4-legged kids
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Education: High school or equivalent
Please include a cover letter and resume so that your application is complete; resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed. Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications.
THIS IS A PART TIME POSITION 20-25 HOURS A WEEK:
Flexible schedule preferred
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour
Experience: Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
Are you pursuing a career in veterinary medicine? Volunteering at Pet Crossing is very rewarding and can be a great way to gain experience while helping our patients and their people. Our volunteers help by cuddling animals, providing TLC, cleaning and stocking.
Please contact us at email@example.com for more information and a tour to see if volunteering is a good fit for you.